Tuesday 13 November 2012

Mountain dew cupcakes


This weekend it was my friend Matt's birthday - you have guessed it he loves mountain dew! I had got him mountain dew gifts and though cupcakes would finish it off perfectly. I made my normal cake mix and added about a cup of mountain dew and some lemon juice (it looked a little runny so I just added a little bit of flour) I did the same with the icing, I just added mountain dew and lemon juice. They turned out fantastic and were really light and fluffy! I am not sure if it was the fizz that did it or not - I may experiment with some other fizzy drinks and see what happens!


I put citrus strands on the top - I have not seen them before and picked them up a few weeks ago and they worked perfectly!

3 comments:

  1. YummmmYummm would they make it over the ocean? Lucky friend...........♥Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be good if we could send home made yummy goods and they get to you in one piece!

      Delete
  2. Hi Faye. Those cupcakes look delicious! I've just received the travelling craft box! Am I right in thinking your next on the list? Please email me @ katiepeck-x@hotmail.com
    Lots of Love Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete