Sunday 18 March 2012

Button chair



We have been redecorating the house and it was the spare rooms turn for a lick of paint. Above you can see the retro end of the room done - a new red wall and repurposed shelving. We managed to fit the spare sofa in there as well, perfect for playing all the retro games!


This is my new craft corner - with added ikea storage!
I love my corner! 


Today I finished it all off by upcycling the tired chair. It was a bog standard ikea chair and had been covered in paint and had other scuffs on it from general wear and tear.
A quick white wash and the chair was back to looking good.



I am sure you can guess what I added to the chair to make it a bit more bright and cheery from the title of the post - BUTTON




Just a few photos for you! I love the way it turned out and now fancy making a seat pad for it - maybe crocheted but I am not sure - any ideas?

Apparently there are a few other button chairs out there so I am not the only ridiculous one, always good to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment