Thursday 30 August 2012

Well walk tea room


I visited the Well walk tea room in Cheltenham yesterday. It is fantastic, proper tea sets, real tablecloths and lots of lovely things to look at whilst you are eating!


I had cheese scone and soup and homemade lemonade. Next visit I will be having a slice of cake!


I was inspired to do some baking and made a cheese and tomato quiche (I looked a few different recipes and then put them all together with a few of my own touches) 


I also made some mushroom and stilton pies!



After reading Sue's blog over at The Quince Tree I had to make her crumbleberry cake - I used rhubarb instead f berries and added crushed nuts and oats to my crumble mix for the topping. It was delicious - I can't wait to make it again and might head out to pick some blackberries soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I love the Well Walk Tea Room! Just love it! I've been there a few times and I love it more each time. When I lived there it was just 'Catherine Shinn textiles' where she sold her beautiful vintage textiles but she turned it into a tea room after I left...such a shame as I would have been there for lunch everyday!

    Make sure you visit at Christmas, she sells the most wonderful Victorian Christmas decorations!

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea room looks lovely.
    You've really been busy. Your quiche looks delicious.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete